Customer Video Interview: Why Microsoft Dynamics 365 was the Right ERP Choice for McHenry County, IL
In this interview, see how IT Manager Pete Voss and his team provided more value to their constituents by creating an award-winning system with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and HSO
McHenry County, Illinois is the sixth most populated county in that state, with 308,000 residents in more than 30 communities. The County had been running Performance Series as their ERP system since the mid-90’s, which had become outdated and was causing problems across the board, from inadequate reporting to forced manual processes to issues with financials, purchasing, and budgeting. The solution: Microsoft Dynamics 365.
In this informal interview, Pete Voss, IT Project Manager at McHenry County, IL describes the fruits of McHenry’s partnership with HSO, and the capabilities of the implementation they developed to meet the county’s needs, including:
- Creating an intuitive user experience, customized to each user’s role and access
- Developing an aesthetic and efficient business interface for report generation, including a document repository to quickly respond to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Maintaining database structures and access for banking and accounting, key for analyzing budgets, tracking procurement expenses, and managing federal grants
The new system has worked very well for McHenry: they have been awarded awards in 3 different categories for their financial reporting system, while only reporting one hour of downtime since 2019. McHenry has had so much success that they are doubling down on their investment to integrate Dynamics 365 with their brand new payroll system, UKG Kronos, building an interface between them that works in real-time.
- Watch the on-demand webcast, “The ERP Swiss Army Knife for State & Local Government: 5+ Reasons to Consider Microsoft Dynamics 365,” to hear more about why Dynamics 365 is a great ERP choice for government
- Download the PDF one-page overview of Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management for Government
- Read how a public electric utility replaced a legacy GP solution with Dynamics 365 Finance